Thursday, August 19, 2010

Welcome to the New School Year/Bienvenidos al nuevo año lectivo

Welcome to the beginning of another school year, one that I hope will be very successful for all of my students. I hope that you are all ready to work hard, learn a lot, and perhaps even have a little fun as well. This has been a busy summer for my family. In June, my wife and my two children all had birthdays. It was certainly a month full of parties. Toward the end of July, we traveled to Ecuador for three weeks to visit our family there. We had a wonderful trip. Check out the video below if you want to see some of what we did one Sunday afternoon while we were there. It's August now, and I have been thinking a lot about what needs to get done to prepare for the new school year. I am sure that all of you had an interesting vacation as well. I would love to read about your summer adventures to get to know you better.

Bienvenidos al comienzo de otro año lectivo, un año que espero que será de mucho éxito para todos mis alumnos. Ojalá que todos estén listos para trabajar duro, aprender mucho y tal vez hasta divertirse un poco también. Este verano ha sido muy ocupado para mi familia. En junio, cumplieron años mi esposa y mis dos hijos. Definitivamente fue un mes de muchas fiestas. A finales de julio viajamos al Ecuador por tres semanas para visitar a nuestra familia. La pasamos muy lindo. Pueden ver el video abajo si quieren ver un poco de lo que hicimos un domingo por la tarde durante nuestra estancia allí. Ahora ya es agosto, y he estado pensando mucho en los preparativos para el nuevo año escolar. Seguramente ustedes pasaron unas vacaciones muy interesantes también. Me encantaría leer de sus aventuras de este verano para conocerles mejor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I'll check it and try to get it posted within 24 hours.

¡Gracias por su comentario! Intentaré revisarlo y publicarlo dentro de 24 horas.